Every field suffers some misrepresentation. But not every field faces persistent misrepresentation and nonrepresentation despite:
- A large, well-written literature for many audiences.
- A growing literature targeting misrepresentations.
- Numerous contributions to experimental psychology and applied fields including education, clinical psychology, medicine, and business.
This work is an attempt to:
- Identify some of the more enduring and damaging misrepresentations of behavior analysis.
- Clarify the generally held behavior analytic position on these issues.
- Provide the interested reader with resources for further study.